The Teaching Council of Zambia (TCZ) launched the first phase of the issuance of teacher registration certificates in January 2018 and has since delivered the certificates to all the districts in Zambia. Teachers are expected to collect their certificates from the District Education Board Secretaries Offices (DEBS) upon producing their official identity cards. Teachers in-service who have not yet registered are expected to do so by 31st March, 2018.

It is also important to note that, the TCZ has started receiving applications for Practicing Certificates. Please take note that no teacher will be allowed to work in any Zambian school, whether public or private without a practicing certificate after the issuance of these documents. The due date for applying for practicing certificates is 31st May, 2018. The application for the practicing certificates can be done online http://www.tcz.ac.zm/certificate, or by physical submission of ‘hard copy’ application forms to the DEBS offices. The applications will be processed upon payment of the prescribed fees for the practicing certificates. Payments can be made through ZANACO and NATSAVE in the respective districts.

Issued by

Ngoza Malonga
Spokesperson – TCZ

Approved by

Dr. Ebby Mubanga
Registrar – TCZ

For More Details

© TCZ, The Teaching Council of Zambia
PRESS Release (Friday 23rd February, 2018)

Source – TCZ

Enquiries to [email protected]

4 1 vote
    Article Rating
    Notify of
    guest
    12 Comments
    Oldest
    Newest Most Voted
    Inline Feedbacks
    Harry Wesa
    Harry Wesa
    2 years ago

I have not received my registration certificate despite having a TCZ number.
    I tried to check with the register in Masaiti, but I did not appear in the register. What can I do?

Silwimba Japhet
    Silwimba Japhet
    2 years ago

How to retrieve the registration number?

Lutopu Liswaniso
    Lutopu Liswaniso
    2 years ago

I can’t log in despite having subscribed for the practicing certificate.

Martin Halumba
    Martin Halumba
    2 years ago

May I be guided please? ….What is the difference between a practicing certificate and a practicing license?

Nurture Alfred
    Nurture Alfred
    2 years ago

I need help. I registered as Primary school teacher, but now I have acquired a degree in Guidance and Counselling. So when applying for certificate, what should I do in order to be captured as a Guidance Counsellor?

Betson Kampukesa
    Betson Kampukesa
    2 years ago

“Your host computer does not supoort self service.”
    Is it an IT technical issue? If this registration is public domain, why should I receive prompt that I have no Permission to access certificates, yet I just want to subscribe?
    Who created this database? It has a lot of errors! Was it tried and tested?
    I would suggest it gets decommissioned for modification and further improvement before it is rolled out.

Kasama carol
    Kasama carol
    2 years ago

How do I verify? Your website is very poor too.

Musenga Bridget
    Musenga Bridget
    2 years ago

I was unwell when the payments for practicing certificate were done, so I never paid and I never filled those forms so that it can be deducted from my pay slip. Now I would like to pay in full November month end can I go ahead and pay?

Kennnedy moyo