As a Christ-centered university, Northrise is committed to equipping its students to become skilled and relevant professionals, ministers and leaders who will have a lasting impact in their communities. By providing learning opportunities that enhance critical thinking, discipline, personal responsibility, character development, and sacrifice, students are inspired to achieve excellence and lay-hold of their future.
This Christ-centered institution is more than a university — it is a family, a help to those in need, and above all, a community dedicated to changing a nation.
At Northrise, you will find mentors that help you grow and mature into your purpose and calling.
This is a place of vast opportunities where your passions are turned into fulfilling lifelong careers.
The warm and family atmosphere encourages student, staff and faculty to develop meaningful and lasting bonds of friendships.
We seeks to transform the lives of its students through a Christ-centered education so they can can help improve the lives of others and collectively change their communities.
We believe that HOPE IS FREEDOM because hope gives freedom. Freedom to dream, freedom to express your talents and ideas, freedom to reach your full potential and ultimately live out your God given purpose.
We take into consideration the holistic nature of individual student learning and the most effective practices for helping them develop into responsible learners as well as responsible citizens.
At Northrise, inspiration is everywhere. From the founders to the classroom, from the long corridors and surroundings, our environment is rich in encouraging our students to live above the level of mediocrity.
Northrise actively creates a culture of service that prepares students to become global citizens by teaching skills and knowledge they will need for career readiness.
At NU, we strive for excellence in all aspects of our being – academics, spirituality, and integration of our knowledge and skills. We hope that all our graduates will exhibit excellence wherever they find themselves serving. Our motto is based on Romans 16:19.
The cornerstone of Northrise University is a commitment to prepare people for both professional and voluntary leadership in the church and in the business community. We believe that true Christian service is birthed out of reflection, study, intellectual investigation and personal involvement in some form of community service.
As devoted Christians, we believe that a person’s life cannot be complete without a personal relationship with God. At the same time, we are aware that men and women must be equipped to thrive in their personal lives and careers. We share in God’s vision to empower the people of Zambia, to bring economic revitalization, and to foster an environment of both spiritual and economic hope.
The functions of Northrise University include:
- To encourage undergraduate and postgraduate study and research
- To provide facilities and courses for Zambians and international students for higher education generally, and particularly for professional occupations
- To award undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, diplomas, and certificates, whether in its own right, jointly with other institutions, or as otherwise dete
- To create and communicate knowledge by means of teaching and research of the highest quality
- To award undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, diplomas, and certificates, whether in its own right, jointly with other institutions, or as otherwise determined by the NU Council
- To foster lifelong learning in graduates and others alike
- To encourage students to maintain the highest ethical values wherever they serve
- To pursue community activities which benefit society at large.
In the exercise of its functions, the university pays special attention to the laws of the Government of the Republic of Zambia. For more information, click the link below to access the student handbook
Northrise University student Handbook