The 1963 Lockwood Commission’s report on the establishment of University education in Zambia had in its recommendations made a land mark decision that degree programmes should also be available by distance learning to those suitably qualified candidates who might not be in position to attend on full time basis. Further, the current world trends on education are that working candidates need not leave their jobs to further their education by going to study on full time basis. With the above information in mind a group of eminent Zambians set out to establish a University that would provide opportunities to individuals that might not be able to study on full time basis.
In view of the above this group of dedicated Zambians set out to establish the Pamodzi University in 2011. This was in addition to complement and supplements the government’s efforts to provide quality education to Zambians and ease the inadequate places available by offering tuition through full time, open and distance learning.
To be a leading centre of quality education through distance learning and recognized locally and globally with excellence
The Pamodzi is a comprehensive private University dedicated to educational excellence. The faculty and staff is committed
to instruction that sustains a lifelong quest for knowledge. It has provided students with academic, intellectual, occupational and professional proficiency. This include knowledge in and appreciation of the arts and science; critical thinking; clear and effective communication, problem solving, and technical skills. the University serves diverse learning communities by providing a range of flexible programmes from short intensive courses to the baccalaureate degrees
Goals of the University
- Pamodzi University provides an academic and occupational focus for business and professional learning environments through the following options: Certificate in career and technology programs Associate Arts and Science degrees Upgrading teachers qualifications, research and providing training Masters of education by Research
- Pamodzi University provides flexible educational opportunities by combining traditional methods with effective and innovative teaching methods, including interactive distance learning, computer based instruction, and developmental assessment and response
- Pamodzi University has responded to community, business, professional and national needs by providing credit, non-credit and continuing education courses, workforce training, community service and cultural opportunities
- Pamodzi University has cooperated with other institutions and agencies through articulation agreements in seeking and creating new avenues for student access to post secondary education.
- Pamodzi University has provided services which create and support a strong infrastructure, such as accounting, and business services, human resources, planning and evaluation, technology support, student services and media services.
Pamodzi University has embraced the core values of Faith, Knowledge, Truth, Understanding and Wisdom. We endeavour to be committed, to have a positive attitude at all times, and to nurture behaviour where trust, cohesion, integrity, transparency and ethical practices are allowed to flourish. To these the following have been added:
QUALITY-Commitment to the dignity and worth of all individuals
CONTINUOUS ENRICHMENT-Academic, professional and personal growth of students and employees
EFFECTIVE LEARNING-Preparation of students for roles as citizens in a rapidly changing global economy
ACADEMIC FREEDOM-Safe environment where compelling beliefs and ideas can be openly discussed and debated.
STEWARDSHIP-Efficient, effective, and critical use of public and private resources
COLLABORATION-Introspection and communication predicated upon a foundation of mutual trust and support.
ACCOUNTABILITY-Using a student focused outcomes based approach to demonstrate the quality of program to key stake holders.