[Back to Specials]
EX MPULUNGU | 2 – 4 PAX PER TOUR
6 NIGHT PACKAGE
A new guided adventure tour along the western shore of Lake Tanganyika, Zambia using kayaks and a large custom support dhow. The trip aims for clients to experience the very best that the lake has to offer with:
– Camping in the completely exclusive, isolated and beautiful wilderness for 3 nights followed by 1 night’s rest and relaxation at Ndole Bay Lodge, the most northern tourism operator in Zambia.
– Freshwater snorkelling (or SCUBA diving) to see some of the 250 species of cichlid fish only found in Tanganyika.
– Bushwalks in Nsumbu national park to learn some of the heritage, experience the unique habitat and enjoy the local wildlife
– Kayaking on the warm, pristine lake waters across large bays, next to white sandy beaches and even up the Lufubu River mouth. All under the backdrop of the rift valley.
– Angling for some of Africa’s finest freshwater sporting fish e.g. Nile Perch (Pamba), Emperor Cichlid (Nkupi) and Tiger (Sokoto)
The support team includes a lake experienced coxswain, a lodge standard chef and a trained guide as well as a DNPW. escort. The dhow will always be close to the kayaks for support and security, it will also be used to reduce distance gaps if the tour falls behind at any point during the day.
*SCUBA diving is an extra $200 per person. This includes 3 dives and all equipment. Divers must be PADI qualified to Open Water level or above
All clients should be reasonably fit, able to swim & comfortable in the water. They should also have appropriate medical insurance that covers emergency air evacuation.
The dates for the tour are flexible for the initial booking or for a full sale to 4 PAX. The best time is a book is NOW, before the rains and the lake is calm and clear, we advise to run the tour over full moon.
Suggested Dates over Full Moon:
Friday 13th September – Thursday 19th September.
Friday 11th October – Thursday 17th October.
Friday 8th November – 14th November.